Remote Bookkeeper Job Description
At Two Roads, we’re committed to empowering business owners to understand their financials and grow their business. Our dedicated bookkeepers become students of their partners’ businesses, providing support and guidance. As remote employees, they value autonomy, but also know how to work well with others and have fun. If you’re committed to pursuing financial clarity and want to play an active role in the success of small businesses, Two Roads needs you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Bank reconciliations
- Review of P&L Statements and Balance Sheets
- Production of Monthly Financials
- Performance of Sales Tax and other Tax-Related Issues
- Processing AP/AR
- Management of requests in timely manner
The skills and qualifications you’ll need to succeed:
- Passionate about financials
- 4+ years of bookkeeping or accounting experience
- Extreme organization and strong decision-making skills
- Understanding of business models
- Ability to work from home, 30+ hours/week
Two Roads bookkeepers are:
- Responsive Monday-Friday, 9am – 5pm via email and phone
- Able to give an answer at any time to the financial well-being of clients
- Self-starters: They find the answer. They know how to get help when it’s needed
- Able to work autonomously. We don’t micromanage
- Committed to getting work done on time
- Quick learners as it relates to new software
- Friendly, helpful, and humble
It’s a bonus if you…:
- Have an understanding of R.O.W.E.
- Know a thing or two about QuickBooks Online
- Value flexibility and have a strong desire to work from home
Why Work at Two Roads?
We don’t just punch numbers. We help businesses succeed and grow. We aren’t a traditional bookkeeping and tax firm. We are flexible, with a willingness to change and grow as we develop strong systems and processes that help our bookkeepers become more efficient and effective.
Our dynamic, devoted and supportive team is the key to our success.Our staff have great flexibility, making their own schedules and working remotely. Our team members are committed to supporting each other, sharing resources and allowing every member to be who they are. We don’t just want an employee. We want to be a place where your passion can thrive, grow and be further developed.