Remote Bookkeeper Job Description
At Two Roads, we’re committed to empowering business owners to understand their financials and grow their business. Our dedicated bookkeepers become students of their clients’ businesses, providing support and guidance. As remote employees, they value autonomy, but also know how to work well with others and have fun. If you’re committed to pursuing financial clarity and want to play an active role in the success of small businesses, Two Roads needs you!
Why choose Two Roads?
- Flexibility – get work done when it fits into your schedule (while still being responsive to clients and teammates during normal business hours, and meeting deadlines)
- Autonomy – self-starters rejoice! No micromanaging here.
- Great Team Culture – teammates with a broad range of experience and skills that are willing to help with any questions you may have.
- Growth Potential – enjoy a culture where opportunities for excellence and efficiency come from all levels of the organization, which result in personal and professional growth.
What you’ll be doing:
- Bank, Credit Card, and Loan reconciliations
- Journal Entry postings
- Review of P&L Statements and Balance Sheets
- Production of Monthly Financial Statements
- Performance of Sales Tax and other Tax-Related Issues
- Processing Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable
- Syncing data across multiple software applications to ensure accuracy
- Historical clean-up projects (as needed)
- Management of requests in a timely manner
- Communicating with clients and/or teammates in a timely manner
The skills and qualifications you’ll need to succeed:
- Passionate about financials
- 4+ years of bookkeeping or accounting experience
- Extreme organization and strong decision-making skills
- Fast learner and open to new ideas
- Clear, concise, and kind communication skills through all mediums: video conference, email, phone, and text
- Understanding of business models
- Comfortable working in a broad range of softwares
- Ability to work from home, 30+ hours/week
Two Roads bookkeepers are:
- Responsive to clients and teammates Monday-Friday, 9am – 5pm EST via email and phone
- Able to give an answer at any time to the financial well-being of clients
- Self-starters: They find the answer. They know how to get help when it’s needed
- Able to work autonomously. We don’t micromanage
- Committed to getting work done on time
- Quick learners as it relates to new software
- Friendly, helpful, and humble
It’s a bonus if you:
- Have previous remote work experience
- Know a thing or two about QuickBooks Online
- Full charge bookkeeping experience with multiple clients
- Value flexibility and have a strong desire to work from home
Minimum Level of Education Required
2 year degree (AA, AS, etc.)
4+ years of bookkeeping or accounting experience
Our Interview Process:
A strong foundation is what makes an organization successful, and at Two Roads, every person on our team is that foundation. It’s for this reason that we strive, through all steps of the interview process, to ensure that every new team member aligns with our values and culture so it’s a win-win for everyone.
An overview of our interview process:
- Online Application
- This application could take 1+ plus hours to complete, and you can’t save as you go, so plan to complete this in 1 sitting.
- You’ll need your resume handy in an electronic format.
- You may be asked to record a video of yourself.
- We will review your application and when we see a potentially great fit, we’ll follow up with either an initial video interview or a in-depth video questionnaire.
- Once we’ve discovered your values, goals, and vision align with ours, a second video interview will take place with your potential Team Lead and a team member, where you will have an opportunity to discover if we’d be the right fit for you.
- At this point we’ll check references and if all of that checks out, a final video interview will take place with the upper management of Two Roads to answer any final questions either party may have to ensure a win-win.
- We’ll then perform a background check, draft the offer letter, finalize details on start date, etc., and get started!